Turn Influencers into Brand Advocates
In the simplest terms, a brand advocate is someone who is a fan of your business and actively tells other people about it.
When you can reach out to influencers, build solid, trusting relationships with them and turn them into brand advocates, you’ll see real benefits for your business.
News releases can be an effective way to connect with influencers—media, bloggers, investors, customers and potential customers who are critical to building your brand and your business. Here are some tips to keep in mind that can help you engage with influencers and turn them into brand advocates:
- Identify the right people: It’s not just the number of followers that matters. You want to target people who are relevant to your business and influential among your customers and potential customers.
- Provide shareable content: Influencers gain and keep influence by posting compelling, useful content. Help them out! Send a multimedia release that embeds or links to videos, podcasts, free reports, and anything you think will be of interest.
- Remember that engagement is a two-way street: Read what your influencers post and comment. Tweet about your influencers and link to them on your website. Share their content with your networks. Join the conversation and become part of the community.
- Offer sneak peeks: It’s important for influencers to be in the know. Give them exclusive access to news. Offer them samples of new products before they’re available to the public.
- Set goals and measure: As always with your news release program, you need to decide what you want to accomplish and choose metrics that can help you assess the success of your efforts.
- Invest in long-term relationships: To be truly successful, influencer outreach can’t be one-and-done. Take time to cultivate relationships with your influencers. The investment will deliver real rewards for your business.