What’s in store for social media in 2011
#smmeasure chat #21 recap
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe holiday. The first #smmeasure Twitter chat of 2011 was a reflection of 2010 and what’s in store for social media in 2011. The topics that arose in 2010 proved to be great fodder for our #smmeasure chats and I can’t wait to see what’s to come in 2011. Big thanks to my #smmeasure co-host Sheldon Levin @sysomos. If you have any questions or topics, tweet @smmeasure and we’ll be sure to cover it. Follow the chat every week using Tweetchat.
If you weren’t able to join us this time around, here’s the full transcript, with a recap below:
Q1: What are your 2011 social media predictions?
Q2: What were some 2010 predictions that became true in 2010?
Unfortunately the transcript for questions one and two are not available due to a glitch during the chat. For 2010 predictions, I recommend reading Social Media Examiner’s 30 social media predictions.
Q3: What are some measurement resolutions you made for this year?
- @Wedding_crasher: “sm resolutions personal: interact irl (in real life) more often with sm peeps” “Sm resolutions bus: to stay current, authentic and provide good info. (we’re just starting our SM campaign”
- @AnthonyZanfini: “get clients off the number of fans and followers as the most important thing”
- @niecolec: “Track my interactions more closely and see which relationships are most reciprocal. Identify tweeps that help my goals.”
Q4: How will you teach others about understanding social media measurement?
- @jgombita: “Companies need to stop thinking about what THEY want from social media or it won’t work”
- @40deuce: “I’m hoping that this chat will grow and that will be one way I will help to teach others”
Q5: Social media (measurement) mistakes you made last year you promised you won’t do again?
- @MarkRice101: “I lost more Twitter followers than I gained as my tweets were random and not always interesting.”
- @jgombita: “I think the biggest mistake is making it obv. 2 participants on ur platforms that you R measuring them! Creepy.”
- @heidicohen: “Biggest mistake co made w/ #sm #metrics is NOT tracking”
Q6: What are some topics you’d like #smmeasure to cover this year?
- @kmullett: “I think us professionals need to discuss more #SM expectations, management, and efficiencies. Clients need it.”
- @Wedding_crasher: “Sm in workplace, Sm policies, Sm crisis planning, SM and HR”
- @KyBedard: “How @Quora will become a serious player in social networking?”
If you have any questions or topics you’d like the #smmeasure community to discuss during the weekly chat, please comment or tweet @smmeasure. Thank you to everyone for making #smmeasure Twitter chat such a success in 2010. Here’s to 2011!
Check back here every Friday for chat recaps and transcripts. Join the Marketwire Facebook page to get #smmeasure weekly topics. If you have any questions for the community, tweet @marketwire or send me an email nshin[at]marketwire.com. Keep track of all the #smmeasure chat recaps.
Join the #smmeasure LinkedIn Group to connect with others interested in social media and measurement. See you next week at 9:00 am PST, 11:00 am CST, 12:00 pm EST, 5:00 pm if you’re in London, and 3:00 am Friday if you’re in Melbourne.
See you next Thursday!