Marketwired Blog

SM10X30: Social media fitness buffs are 3,000 strong…and growing

Since the introduction of SM 10X30, Marketwire’s Social Media Fitness Program in mid-January, more than 3,000 people have registered and taken on high-intensity workouts to improve their social media skills and boost their confidence levels.  Folks are joining us from all corners of the globe: Canada, the US, the UK, India, Mexico, Guatemala, China, Italy, Spain, Israel, Kazakhstan, Puerto Rico, United Arab Emirates, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries. SM 10X30 participants represent Fortune 500 companies, government departments, non-profit organizations, media companies, colleges and universities, and PR practices of all scopes and specialties, from international and boutique agencies to private practitioners and consultants.  It’s clear that social media is important to communicators everywhere, regardless of geography and professional discipline.

We knew social media would continue to be a hot topic in 2010, and that communicators across all industries and skill levels would be looking for ways to infuse social media into their communication strategies and attribute ROI to their day-to-day activities. What we didn’t know was how successful our program would prove to be. Registration numbers climb daily and feedback from participants on the content of the exercises continues to flow to our program trainer, Nick Shin, and within the social networks themselves.

But SM 10X30 is not about us; it’s about you.  From those of you who started the program without a LinkedIn profile to those of you who came in as seasoned tweeters, we want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part and sharing your experiences with your peers and with us.  Here’s a sampling of some of the feedback that’s come our way, and what folks are saying about their experiences:

• Amy, from the high-tech industry, says:
    The social media workouts have been very helpful for us so far, and since I signed up for the extreme [Core Conditioning] track I believe I am learning a lot more than I would in the basic track. I liked the recommendation for services such as namechk.com as we are still in the early phases of social media implementation. I am storing all of the “workouts” for future reference and I believe they will continue to be helpful as we move forward in this process.  This series has been one of the most informative that I have seen / read / watched / attended about social media, and I believe the “workout” analogy is a very good one, as social media muscles do take time and effort to build! Thanks again.
  • Sarah, from a national non-profit organization, says:
    I am very excited to work my “core” and exercise my social media know-how.  This is great stuff.  Thanks so much to Marketwire for making this accessible (for FREE!) to us poor non-profit folks.
  • Toby, from a product development and design company, says:
    I just want to pass on how brilliant this campaign is and useful to us dweebs that are wannabees in social media. It’s a very refreshing experience /approach – pass on my thanks to the creators!
  • Cinnia, from a marketing communications and licensing company, says:
    I was very happy this [SM10X30] was made available, and being able to do it on my own “clock” made it more attractive. The things I’ve learned will be useful in giving companies a sense of what is possible. Thank you so much for that.
  • Nancy, from the high-tech industry, says:
    I’ve been subscribing to your social media series of emails and it’s really great…Chock full of really good information. Just thought you’d want to know.
  • Tom, from a communications company, says:
    I’ve enjoyed the workouts so far, and I’ve already generated a couple of business leads.
  • Tracy, from the marketing/PR industry, says:
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for releasing this really great tutorial. I’m a marketing consultant and know the importance of social networking, but even I didn’t have all this information at my fingertips.  It’s very helpful, simple to understand and thoroughly helps one walk through the steps assuredly.
  • Sarah, from the marketing industry, says:
    Thank you for sending the ever-helpful Social Media workouts a few weeks ago — they were fantastic and opened our company’s marketing agenda to many new ideas!
  • Elisabeth, from a global PR firm, says:
    I found the Social Media Fitness Program to be really valuable.  Although some of the content is a bit of a review, it is helpful to see it reinforced by a company like Marketwire.
  • Todd, from the high-tech industry, says:
    I liked the emails, especially because they were short and provided some good quick tips.
  • Jason, from a non-profit organization, says:
    I can say that the emails are great: Well-designed, great copy and lead-ins — great concept!
  • Diana, from a professional association, says:
    Thanks for the great newsletters. There was loads of valuable content and links in there, so much appreciated.

Tweets:

• @dbreakenridge: Marketwire offers free Social Media Workouts SM 10×30 http://bit.ly/8XhZTG Two tracks: basic training and core #sm10x30
  • @Biancafreedman: @Marketwire love the way your #sm10x30 program is branded. Who’s the creative genius behind it?//Biancafreedman: @Marketwire awesome work. Really useful stuff #SM10x30
  • @Gillianshaw: @VancouverSun assignment editor @dcassidy finds his 1st @marketwire socmed workout. http://twitpic.com/zqlzk
  • @Sabrina_scott: @michellepennell @debbieconte excited that I’m going to have workout buds for @Marketwire’s #sm10x30 Core Track.
  • @Kathietaylor: Just rec’d my 1st e-coaching session of the @Marketwire Social Media Fitness program. Looks great – thanks!
  • @Zoegrams: Can’t wait to try the social media fitness program. I need that workout! http://bit.ly/5XUdPN #sm10x30
  • @Timsgreenhalgh: Fresh take on marketing – love the workout metaphor @Marketwire! Free social media fitness program (#sm10x30). http://bit.ly/5yHTEv
  • @Cecilialu: @Marketwire great new venture, Marketwire! Curious as to how u choose to recommend certain twitter tools over others? #sm10x30 // Cecilialu: @Marketwire looks like a lot of research went into designing this workshop, good work! #sm10x30
  • @kdykes: smart program -educational, social & squarely targets their PR buyer @Marketwire’s free SM fitness program (#sm10x30). http://bit.ly/5yHTEv
  • @socialmedia_nfo: we’re currently on the core track and it is awesome. Thanks!

Blogs:

Econsultacy, by Sally Falkow – http://econsultancy.com/blog/5285-journalists-depend-on-social-media

Pictures:

Vancouver Sun, Assignment Editor, D. Cassidy doing the SM10x30 Workout. http://twitpic.com/zqlzk

The SM 10X30 program is going strong, and we encourage you to share your experiences with us, and to recommend the workouts to your colleagues and peers.  Keep fit, and have fun!